17 Sep Postpartum Snack Recipe- Almond & Date Energy Bites
One way you can share some love with a your new mamas is by sharing some nourishing, easy to eat foods with them. Below is an easy, quick recipe that you can put together in minimal time to share with your loved one or to prepare for your upcoming postpartum time.
- 1 Cup Nuts (Almonds, Cashews or your Favorite Nut)
- 1 Cup Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Ground Flax Meal, Chia Seeds, Coconut Flakes
- Cinnamon, Ginger Powder, Black Sesame Seeds, Cacao Powder
- Using a food processor, process your nuts into a semi-coarse consistency. I use either raw or roasted nuts, and don’t mind using lightly salted nuts if that’s what I have on hand (balances out the sweetness of the dates).
- Add optional ingredients of your choice to boost nutritional profile (flax meal, cacao, coconut flakes) and process into an even consistency.
- Add water, medjool dates, pinch of sea salt and 1 tbls water. Process into a paste (should not be too sticky- you can add more dates or nuts to get to a consistency that you prefer).
- Roll into small bites/balls and top with cacao or coconut.
- Store in freezer or fridge.
These are perfect as quick, nourishing one-handed bites for every new parent who’s hands are full with their favorite new baby. Package them beautiful for a perfect new mama gift!